It's that time of year again - cold and flu season is upon us. As a parent, it's important to do everything you can to keep your family healthy and prevent the spread of illness. Here are a few tips to help keep the common cold at bay this winter:
- Wash your hands frequently: This is one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of cold and flu viruses. Make sure to wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom, before eating, and after coming in contact with germs.
- Use hand sanitizer: If you're not near a sink, hand sanitizer is a good alternative. Just make sure to use one that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose: When you cough or sneeze, make sure to cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow to prevent spreading germs.
- Keep surfaces clean: Cold and flu viruses can live on surfaces for several hours, so it's important to regularly clean and disinfect surfaces such as countertops, doorknobs, and light switches.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of fluids can help flush out cold and flu viruses and keep your immune system strong.
- Get plenty of rest: Make sure to get enough sleep to help your body recover and fight off illness.
By following these tips, you can help keep your family healthy and prevent the spread of cold and flu viruses this winter.